Saturday, August 4, 2007

Oregon, WI Fun Run

Thurs - Per my P.T., 1 hour slow run trying to keep my heart rate between 140-150. That's not as easy as it sounds for me. I kept going way up to 160 then walking fast til I got back down to 140. It still takes a long time for my heart rate to come down. Still not in very good shape.

Fri- took day off because a) I seriously did not have 1/2 hour to myself to squeeze anything in and b) My husband and I are running the Oregon, WI Fun Run Saturday. Went to a congrats party for one of my friends who just recently got a teaching job. I ate horribly and had a couple margaritas. I held it down to two drinks even though they tasted REALLY REALLY good!

Sat - After rousing the 14 year old, 7 1/2 year old, and the baby to drive to the race, Taylor and Izzie slept all the way up. Jacob rode in the car with my sister, Jenny, and Brother in law, Mike, so he could watch Star Wars on the way up. Jacob did the kids 1K (totally milked it for a while afterwords). Then Jeff and Mike did the 10K while Me and Jenny did the 5K. Jenny was signed up for the 10K and decided to do the 5K with me instead. She said she wasn't feeling like the 10 K today, but I think she was sympathizing with me cuz I started out DFL in the race. That sucks. Nothing like looking at the back of some old ladies head for most of the race and watching her get farther and farther ahead. We did beat one guy......barely. He was ahead of us for a long time. He kept looking back to make sure he wasn't last and if we were walking he would walk. When we started running again he would run. We finally caught him almost at the very end of the race. Then I glanced back and saw him speeding up................"OH HELL NO!", i said then we kicked her down and beat him. So at least I wasn't last! Thank you Jen for slowing down with me. My time was 39 minutes and some odd seconds. Pretty good for me I guess. Next time I'll go to a bigger race with more people so I'm not last. Jenny told me to find someone wearing rockports and walking shorts and try to beat them but there weren't any today. Maybe next time:)

Jeff did awesome as usual (10 K in 43 minutes). Mike missed a turn and accidentally shortened his race. I was excited for him for breaking an hour but he wasn't happy cuz it wasn't accurate. Jenny's time didn't count cuz she totally slowed down for me. So, she just got in an easy short workout today. Next time she should leave me in the dust and go for her PB. :)

5 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Sorry I got so pissy. You can call me Michael pissypants for a little while if you want to. I really didn't want to leave right away..I just wanted my Low Carb Rockstar out of the car. I really wanted to PR because I felt so good. Thanks for getting the good picture of me at the end.

Unknown said...

I had fun. Who cares about the time? Someday soon when you are faster than me you can slow down for me....

Di said...

Who cares about the time?!?!? You got a really cool T shirt out of it didn't you? ;)

Unknown said...

You figured out the pictures - Yeah!

tayjizzy said...

Good point!I love my Pink Tee!