Friday, August 24, 2007

Admit it....Your Jealous!


Sorry for the wait. I know everyone is on pins and needles. Yes, I finally rode my bicycle. It's a Specialized Dolce (which means SWEET!). I've been calling her pinky tuscadero, but I'm open to suggestions. That name isn't really doing anything for me.
I was able to sneak out for 6 miles with Jeff in between raindrops the day of Jake's party. I rode her on the trainer downstairs on Sunday (again, raining) for 1/2 hour. And for a good hour 1/2 on Tues. with the S.W.A.T. team. Actually I just rode with my sister, Jenny cuz everyone else was so far ahead of me that I couldn't even see them. I am still working on endurance and speed. Thank you, Jen for hangin back with me.
I love it! It's not a super high end bike, but for my beginner self it's just great. I'm still getting used to the pedals. I'm used to Jeff's clips so the round ones are weird to me especially if I stand up and pedal. They are very wiggly and It feels like I might slip off and hurt myself. I think I need to give them just a little more time and then decide if I like them or not. They were kinda expensive so hopefully they will work out. And they are pink so I can't give them to Jeff. I'm guessing Jenny would take them off of my hands for me. The seat feels fine too. I don't know if any seat would feel good at this point until I build up my ass callus's. You would think with this much padding that I would be fine but apparently the amount of "Junk in the Trunk" has nothing to do with it. I love the extra brakes on the handle bars. I spend most of my time up there and I like the easy access. My only regret is that I bought P.T. so late. The S.W.A.T. team is done practicing for the year due to pool closing, but I'm sure I'll get more rides in with Jeff and the Wimmer's. I am realizing that I need to buy more biking clothing. I ended up wearing Jeff's padded spandex shorts (which are way too small for me), and his shirt that is uber tight also. My brother-in-law, Mike was kind enough to post a picture of me in my get up on his blog. Thanks Mike, I'll remember that :)

3 comments:

bigmike600 said...

that post was awesome. Everything I wanted to know and more. And you can't embarass me any more than I already do to myself.
WE will ride soon. Keep riding the trainer cause it works great and building up the ABC callous or however you spell it.

Unknown said...

My name is Jenny and i suffer from bike envy.
There I said it...

Di said...

With the shots of that lovely bike and all set up on the trainer it's hard to believe that I heard an ugly rumor last weekend... are you thinking about bagging the danskin race? please tell me it isn't true. ;)