Thursday, August 16, 2007

Where has the time gone

I haven't worked out in about 8 days. Between Taylor's two a day swim practices, Jacob's starwars games/sleepovers, Izzie's sleep schedule, and jeff's half marathon training, I have been having trouble squeezing anything in. I could have worked out wed night around 7:00, but I was so tired from the baby not sleeping that well I just didn't have any gas left. I didn't work out tonight until about 9:30 because when I was ready to go Jeff was acting ticked. I felt bad that I wrecked his workout plans. I walked around the block and came back so he could run. Then I waited to see if he would go running and he didn't. So I left at 9:30 and ran a 3 mile route that goes past taco bell, culvers, mcdonald's and pizza hut. I don't know why I just tortured myself with all those smells. I ran most of it, stopping to walk fast up the hill about two blocks. It felt pretty rough at first then got better. I'm starting to be able to run without feeling like I'm dying. And yes , Mike, I'm planning on doing the cow chip this year. I may have to get a babysitter though. I don't think Izzie would do well with that much time in the car. We'll see what I can find. Jacob's birthday party is this saturday. So, tomorrow I'll spend most of the day cleaning and making party stuff. Maybe I can sneak in a short run. we shall see :)

I'm still debating on the danskin tri. It's very frustrating to know how much training I should be doing and how much I am able to do right now. And once school starts, it will only be more difficult cuz Jeff will be working more. This work crap is really getting in our way. If anyone wants to sponsor us to quit our jobs and pay us to work out and do triathlons feel free.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Danskin is a YEAR away, quit sweating it and just get out there once in a while. Very laid back, the swim is tiny, the bike is short and tons of people WALK the run....... besides its not about winning, its about finishing and you can do it.