Friday, November 23, 2007

Would someone please remove the lead from my Butt!









Thanksgiving morning I did the Berbee Derby in Fitchburg with my friend, Audrey, Jenny, and Mike. Mom and Dad came along for the ride. Roads were a little icy on the way up, but were fine once we got to the main roads. The route was pretty well salted, so no ice on the 5K.
I had way too many layers on. I felt like Randy on A Christmas Story with the snowsuit that won't let his arms go down. I have been running quite a bit on the treadmill downstairs. For some reason, the cold air and hilly course was kickin my butt! I was also way too hot! I came in at 39:04 (12:35 min mile) I had to stop a few times to walk. Audrey stayed with me even though I could tell I was holding her back. You would think I could keep up with the mother of a 3 month old but I couldn't. I was going my usual turtle pace. Someday I'll hit my goal of 30 minutes.

After the race, I took an uninterrupted long hot bath. Thank you, Jeff. Then off to Jenny's house for feast and fun. The food was awesome as usual. Afterwards Lucas and I DOMINATED on some games. Jeff offered to take Izzie home for a nap and come back later. We all know he offered to do that so he could take a nap himself. Nice try. There's a picture of Izzie and my personal trainer. And a picture of Jen, Mike, Mom and Jake doing some last minute meal prep before lunch. And Lucas and I Own! Go Blue!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does that make me Ralphie??
Look at you with all the fancy pictures!
Please come eat something- I have a lifetime supply of potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, and stuffing.

tayjizzy said...

You'll shoot your eye out!